Thursday 23 February 2012

Funny Day

I didn't sleep last night and am ill today. I have ear ache from going dog walking yesterday in the ghastly wind and rain. The smallest task seems gigantic and my body feels like how I imagine it would after running a marathon. Today's weather was the most glorious ever. I laid on the bed exhausted while the blue sky, sunshine and birdsong taunted me. I tried to sleep but Thames Water decided today was the day to dig up the road right outside. Me and the dog lay there - drifting in and out of troubled slumber in the few seconds between bursts of pneumatic drilling. It was useless. I got up and dragged myself off to the fruit and veg shop: something nice and healthy for supper might make me feel better. I hauled my load back home and admired it...
but couldn't be bothered to do anything with it so sent the kids down the Golden Dragon with a quid each for a bag of chips. They were happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment