Tuesday 24 April 2012

Just Like In The Movies

I was looking for a parking space in Queen Elizabeth's Walk when a movement on the pavement caught my eye. Before I knew it a duck and a stream of eleven ducklings, scarcely any bigger than bumble bees crossed the road in front of me. I stopped right there in the middle of the road, rummaged for the mobile and frantically tried to open the car window. It was no good, they were moving fast, the ducklings like the tail of a kite, rippling in an articulated row behind their elegant mother. I'd have to jump out and follow them. I glanced in the rear-view mirror and a white van was a couple of inches from my back bumper. Shit. The geezer was getting out. I braced myself for a string of expletives. "Quick quick!" he shouted in an eastern European accent."I've seen this only in the cartoons! It's so sweet" and he pranced off with his iPhone, held at arms length, in the direction of the ducklings.

No comments:

Post a Comment