Hospital Visitor Etiquette.
- Do not greet patient "wag waan pussy?"
- Do not ask if it's the psychiatric ward.
- Do not trick invalid into getting out of bed in order to lay there yourself.
- The electronically-operated orthopaedic bed is not a toy.
- Do not hog TV remote control and change channels more frequently than once every 15 seconds.
- Do not eat patient's left-over lunch or grapes.
- Do not rip pages out of patient's magazines.
- Do not debate the endless possibilities of what could be administered via the IV line in front of your mother.
- Do not offer to bring such substances in on your next visit.
- Do not outstay your welcome.
|Joe, visiting John (who has acute tonsillitis with complications) in hospital yesterday.|